Working as Tour Operations Manager within an energetic and expanding company, we are looking for an equally energetic and enthusiastic candidate.
You will be responsible for managing an operations team currently delivering approximately 2000 bookings per year in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
The core areas of responsibility are the contracting and pricing of hotels, activities and services to present to the sales team for market. You will also be responsible for the administration of all bookings made by the sales team, and you will ensure all reservations are in place and delivered to the highest of standards. The department looks after all post sale customer care, management of payments, amendments and weekend support.
Tour Operations Manager Duties:
Managing product team
- Contracting hotels, activity centres and 3rd party suppliers.
- Developing new products and locations.
- Pricing and delivering the above to the sales team for market.
- Liaising with content team to ensure that all product info is correct for the website and customer communication.
Managing the customer care team
- Assessing and developing the customer experience, ensuring it is delivered to the highest of standards.
- Collecting payments.
- Making amendments.
- Delivering group travel packs.
- Travel support for clients.
- Customer complaints.
- General customer enquiries.
Managing booking administration
- Assessing and developing the supplier process ensuring it is accurate and faultless.
- Ensuring all bookings are in place with hotels, activity centres and 3rd party suppliers.
- Supplier payments and invoices of all bookings.
- Working to improve our systems.
- Tracking and ensuring financial aspects of the department are meeting target.
Reporting directly to the Weekends Director
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent
- Experience in the travel industry
- Enthusiasm and ambition
- Excellent communication skills
- First-rate team management skills
- Organised, methodical and orderly working practise
- Experience in tour operations.
- Interest in and an understanding of the stag and hen industry
- Good understanding of our products and services
- Understanding of Package Travel Regulations.
- Understanding of Tour Operators Margin Scheme (TOMS)