Budget is massively important when planning a stag do. Openly discussing exactly how much each person is willing to spend on the trip will avoid last minute drop outs and will help you choose a realistic destination i.e. you’re not getting to Vegas on fifty quid. Here are some things to consider when it comes to budget:
- Location – would you rather spend a little more to save money on food and drink, or save on travel but have to spend a little more when you’re there? If you're a bit of a baller on a budget, you should probably check out our cheapest stag do locations, with tips on where to get pints for less than a quid. If you want to see which airlines fly to which destinations and how much it's going to cost, see our Flight Finder.
- Length of trip – are you doing one night away, or a week long session? The best thing to do is to try agree on a daily amount, then times it by how many days you’re staying for. For example, if you budget for £100 a day and you’re there for three days, then budget for £300 for the trip.
- What others can afford – you have to understand that it isn’t just you going away, there could be upwards of 20 other members of the group going on the stag do and they may not have the same amount of disposable cash to allow them to go to far-flung parts of the world
- Activities – what would the stag like to do? Would it cost the earth to make his ultimate fantasy for his stag come to fruition? All serious things to consider when it comes to planning the ultimate pre-wedding celebrations. To see our top stag do activities, just select your location of choice to see what we have on offer.
- Surprises for the stag – do you want the stag to be dressed up in a dangerously short skirt or something similarly embarrassing? All things to consider when it comes to budgeting. When you book with us, you'll get a spacial discount code for money off our stag do costumes and accessories.
- Spending money – probably the most important when it comes to planning the budget, simply put, don’t go and blow all the money on planning and have nothing for refreshments during the whole weekend. Factor in the amount of days you’re going and if you and the group members are heavy drinkers, or if you will end up in the casino at the end of the night and will fancy a flutter? You never know, you could win big and not have to worry the rest of the weekend
It’s also common for the group members to club together to pay for the stag, so remember to factor this extra cost in when planning. If you’re booking through a company, make sure they protect all client funds, so that you’re covered if anything goes wrong.
Though one of the biggest dramas when it comes to planning a stag do is the issue of collecting cash from each member of the group, and keeping track of who owes what. However, we at Last Night of Freedom have you covered with our easy online payments. When you book up we ask for names of group members and set up an account which lets you to see who owes what and allows each member pay their money directly to us. That means you can focus your efforts on other more pressing matters, such as which embarrassing costume to dress the stag in.